1) You must commit to a full 12-14 hr day. A typical day starts early in the morning around 6AM and you cannot leave set until released. Pay rate Non-Union $102/8 hrs and Union: General SAG BG Rate.
2) NO SOCIAL MEDIA: NO PHOTOS ALLOWED. You MAY NOT blog, Facebook, Tweet, Instagram, Snapchat, or use any other type of social media to talk about your time on set. Set is confidential and if you take photos on set you may be asked to leave and not return.
3) DO NOT speak to the director, assistant director, or actors, unless they speak to you first. They are extremely busy. You are there to work and so are they!
4) Please stay in designated areas (“Extra’s Holding”) as a group. DO NOT wander off. If you need to leave set to use the restroom or the phone you MUST tell the background Production Assistant.
5) Remain quiet in and around the set at all times.
6) CELL PHONE POLICY (DIFFERS PER PRODUCTION): If you bring your cell phone to set you must turn it off. If it is a CLOSED set you will have it taken away from you to be stored and you will not get it back until you wrap. NO PHOTOS ON SET. If you have questions about cell phone use on set, ask the casting director at the time of booking.
7) DO NOT BRING VALUABLES TO SET. Neither the production company nor Boston Casting is responsible for lost or stolen items.
8) You are responsible for your own transportation and parking. Typically parking is provided by production and Boston Casting will let you know ahead of time if parking is provided.
9) In order to be paid, you will need to fill out an I9 on set. You must be legal to work in the United States. You should bring a passport with you if you have one, that will serve as your sole form of ID. If you do not have a passport, please bring two forms of ID. One needs to be a photo ID such as a driver's license or State ID Card. Your second form of ID could be your social security card or your birth certificate. When the shoot ends for the day, by law you must leave the set immediately AFTER you have signed out with the production company. You will be asked to fill out a payment voucher. Please bring your own pen and write clearly for accounting. Always save your copy of your voucher as it is proof that you worked.
10) When you are booked, your name and only your name will be on the check in list. You are not permitted to bring family members or friends to set.
11) It is a good idea to bring a book, magazine, or something to occupy yourself during downtime. There is a lot of downtime throughout the day. Again, we do not recommend bringing anything valuable.
12) YOU ARE NOT BOOKED until you get a call time. We will check your availability via email or phone, and then you’ll be sent an email the night before the shoot. YOU MUST CONFIRM TO THIS EMAIL. IF YOU DO NOT CONFIRM TO THIS EMAIL YOU WILL BE REPLACED.
13) BE ON TIME! This is important. Productions are always tight on time and cannot afford to delay shooting because people are late. Please plan your travel time accordingly so that you can be sure to be at check in at your given time.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENTS FROM ANGELA
To Our New England Talent,
I am writing this letter to inform or remind you that any and all information you may become privy to in the course of auditioning for, or working as an extra on, the movies that we cast is CONFIDENTIAL and cannot, under any circumstances be shared via social media or otherwise. Actors can and will be fired for taking pictures on set, or posting any information such as location, wardrobe, and plot.
Cell phones may be used in the holding area for personal purposes only. If, while on set, your phone comes out for any reason it can be grounds for immediate removal. If possible, we suggest that phones be left in your cars. Indeed, in order to maintain security, many productions will require you to leave them behind. Failure to observe the above reflects poorly on Boston Casting and it shows me that you are not professional. Most projects will require you to sign a non-disclosure agreement. A non-disclosure agreement is a legal contract in which you agree you will not share information about a production. PLEASE TAKE SIGNING A NON-DISCLOSURE SERIOUSLY.
Boston Casting will not continue to work with people who are unprofessional and do not abide by the rules. Moving forward to what I know will be many more projects, I need your commitment to this issue.
Angela Peri, CSA